I put together a list of things that I run into a lot as an American Girl lover. Hopefully some other fans can relate, too!
By the way, it’s 100% OK to not be able to relate to most (or any) of the things on this list. It’s doesn’t make you a fake fan or anything like that. These are just pulled from my own experiences, and it’s fine if we appreciate dolls in different ways.
1) “What are you going to spend your birthday/Christmas money on?” . . . Dolls.
2) Hearing your grandparents talk about your dolls is actually painful. How many different versions of “American dolls” are there?
3) Constantly losing their hairbrush. I’ve had about four doll brushes in my life and I only know where one is.
4) Seeing a really cool location for a photoshoot in public, but being too embarrassed to bring your doll there.
6) Your camera dying/the weather changing as soon as you’ve finished prepping for a shoot.
7) You’re always broke because you spend your money on doll clothes/accessories as soon as you have enough.
8) Being nervous about bringing new friends to your house because they’ll see your doll collection.
9) Getting an amazing idea for a new post . . . at 1 a.m.
11) Hanging onto every weird knickknack because you might use it for a photostory some day. Do I really need this tiny rattle? No. Am I going to keep it anyway? Absolutely.
12) “I think I know more about American Girl dolls than you do, genius,” is your favorite vine. (My favorites are actually those ones about the guy who can’t find his berries, but that’s beside the point.)
13) You have plans for tons of custom dolls that you’ll never makes.
14) You might have cried a little bit when Doll Diaries and Innerstar U shut down (R.I.P.).
16) You’ve spent countless hours scrolling through AGIG, drooling over all the gorgeous photographs.
17) You’ve been searching eBay for years, trying to track down that GOTY that you regret not buying.
18) Freaking out about your dolls getting silver eye whenever they get slightly wet.
19) Playing games and taking quizzes on the American Girl website was a staple part of your childhood (the pet ones were the best).
21) No matter how bad the GOTY movies are, you’re still going to watch them.
22) You have a box filled with old American Girl magazines and catalogs somewhere.
23) The first time you went to an American Girl store was a dream come true.
24) You’ll never forget how excited you were when you got your first American Girl doll.
25) No matter how old you get, your dolls will always have a special place in your heart.
How many can you relate to? Can you think of anything else that should’ve been on this list? Let me know in the comments, and have a great day!